Jijbent.nl
Forum van jijbent.nl

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen 
 ProfielProfiel   VoorkeurenVoorkeuren   Log in om je privé berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privé berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Plaats Reactie
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
lehmarOffline
Vip
Vip

Totaal berichten: 16
Leeftijd: 34
Geslacht: Man
Poland
BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jul 31, 2004 9:20    Onderwerp: question about ranking. Reageer met quote

I hvae one question abot ranking.Yesterday i have ranking 1888 and i win with Windkracht9.After this win my raning was 1886...
Why???
Please answer me in english.
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel 
Vinnie
BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jul 31, 2004 9:33    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

This might happen while you have a provisionary rating. If you win against players rated much lower than you you can still lose points, as happened to you. If you lose to a player much higher than you, you win rating points...
This get's all back to normal after you complete 15 games.
Naar boven
lehmarOffline
Vip
Vip

Totaal berichten: 16
Leeftijd: 34
Poland
BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jul 31, 2004 21:34    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

So when i have more than 15 games, then even when i play with lower ranking then i dont lose my points?
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel 
Vinnie
BerichtGeplaatst: Za Jul 31, 2004 21:42    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

yes, you might earn 0 points if the difference is very big (more than 500 points approximately I believe) but you will never lose points. And the other way around you will never win points when you lose.
Naar boven
Diadem
BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Aug 02, 2004 1:32    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

Vinnie is entirely correct.

The first 15 games for every game your rating will be provisionary. Your rating will change in much bigger steps. If you win your very first game against someone with 2100 rating you will have 2300 instantly. If you loose from 1400 you'll drop to 1200 though.

Basicly after 15 games your rating will be based on the results you had against your 15 opponents. You will have their average rating plus a certain number of points past every game you won over 50%. I don't know the exact numbers. But if you play against someone with a much lower rating the average rating of your opponents will drop so much that the extra win you have can't compensate for this.

After 15 games this won't happen anymore. After 15 games your rating will be changed based on the expected result against your oppenent. If you scored less than your expected result, you loose points. If you score more than your expected result, you gain points. And what the expected result is, that isbased on the rating difference. If your ratings are equal, it will be 1/2 of course. And if yours if somewhat bigger, it can be 7/10 for example. But it can never be more than 1, so if you win you'll always do at least as good as your expected result Smile
Naar boven
jwchess
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Aug 02, 2004 9:41    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

The ratings are based on the rules of the IECG, for details see http://www.iecg.org/Ratrul.htm
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Bekijk de homepage 
Diadem
BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Aug 02, 2004 13:25    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote

jwchess schreef:
The ratings are based on the rules of the IECG, for details see http://www.iecg.org/Ratrul.htm

Weird piece, very chaotic. They first define all kinds of formulas, then later on they refer to them using different names. And they have formulas that are not needed, like a correction factor for < 15 games for a final rating.

But this is basicly how I explained it. The principle is exactly the same as the ELO rating, only the numerical values are different. For example the maximum rating change per game is 30 for ELO ratings, and 20 here.
Naar boven
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats Reactie Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: